Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Teachers are designers’ majority of the time.  When creating lesson plans they need to design assignments that benefit their students so the y will learn to the best of their abilities. As a future physical education teacher I would need to create activities for my students so they won’t become bored.
If I was a science teacher I would use Trebuchet Simulator in my class room.  It is greatly used for teaching lessons about force and physics.  Trebuchet Simulator is software that simulates a throwing device and the students have to manipulate the movement.   This can also be used in a PE class, putting students in groups and allowing them to compete with one another.
Digital Storytelling is software that puts a lot of focus on activity more than the technology.  It is used for great team work and working with others.  Students think of a story and put it together.  I would use this in my classroom if I was having my students act out tell their body parts and bones.
I would tweak with the data sets, which should be interesting. We could take the data used in a chemistry lab and change the variables, by changing the students can see how accurate they need to be in a lab and how some small mistake can make a huge difference.
I think it is very possible to learn from TV alone.  You can take a cooking show for instance; it is very instructional and informational. That’s more of a hands-on type of activity but you can also learn about what’s going on in the news or stock market by watching the news. I don’t suggest you learn solely from the TV more and better information is put in books.
Jonasse D., Howland J., Marra R. M., & Crismond D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment